I absolutely have come to love Rooibos Tea. I must say that at the first, I was a bit taken aback by it’s very different flavor. However, the more rooibos I drank, the more I loved it, and now am of the opinion the tea tastes as if I am drinking sunshine and flowers.
Some of the benefits in drinking Rooibos Tea are listed below:
- Acts as an antioxidant and increases SOD levels
- Prevents DNA damage
- Cardiovascular protection through ACE inhibition
- Suppresses fasting glucose levels
- Improves glucose uptake and insulin secretion after a meal
- Aids in liver tissue regeneration
- Lowers blood pressure
- Acts as a bronchodilator and antispasmodic
- Inhibits lipid peroxidation and brain aging
- Rooibos extract improves immune defects such as HIV
A good article about Rooibos Teas can be found here: Rooibos Tea
I am very glad that my local grocery store carries this tea. Not only is it delicious, but it has multiple health benefits.